Tight Rope Walker

Tight Rope Walker

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Space

Among the normal craziness of raising teens, add to it an addict teen... life as you knew it or wanted it is out the window. It's taken alot.. to find "my space". I have worked hard .. very hard.. and I can't say my work is done, I don't think it will ever be. Someone suggest I print and read my thread on ODR. ODR is the Opiate Detox Recovery board. The beginning of this blog is from there, as I was trying to transfer it all over... But, they wanted to point out to me, how far I have actually come. I am glad I spent the time rereading .. because I have found "my space".

What "My Space" is to me:

* a place where I decide what I let in and what I don't

* gives me peace, that I don't have to engage or I can engage

* doesn't judge me and tries like heck to not to judge others

* gives me comfort

* sets my boundaries

* keeps things in balance for me

* keeps me going

* keeps me safe

* calms me instantly

* is a necessary part of my recovery and health

* gives me hope

I have found that, maybe, I was given this journey to find "My Space". I am not sure I would found it otherwise.

Hugs
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment