Tight Rope Walker

Tight Rope Walker

Friday, July 30, 2010

Last Saturday


Last Saturday, I took Emily's friend Justin up to see her. Justin left August of 08 for the wilderness program and then an 18 month rehab in AZ. Emily left July of 08 for her therapy school. These 2 have not seen each other in 2 years. I heard from the girls at her house, that she was a nervous wreck all morning. I could tell when we pulled up. It wasn't 10 minutes later, I heard the belly laughs from them, that I instantly remembered from when they were in the 7th and 8th grades.
Since Emily was moved back in her phases, due to "that boy", we had to stick around the house. I took a picnic, we were "allowed" to walk to Drug Mart. And funny how things change.. the house mother that day, had visitors, her sister and nephew.. who happened to live in our old town in Cleveland. After they came, we were "allowed" to venture off the grounds.. go take in a show or meal, but by that time it was too late. We got ice cream instead.
It was a fun day, had by all. I was so happy to see these 2 back together and sober. This is one friend she had before all the addiction started. There are not many of these left. So it meant a lot to me and I believe to them.
Emily even commented that it felt so good to laugh so hard again with him, without the added stress of wondering where the vodka or oxy's were going to come from. Just plain fun.
Justin and I drove back, well he drove my car and we talked. We talked a lot. I learned somethings and he said.. quite a few things that I said to him, really rang a bell in his head.
Good times. for sure.
Hugs
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment