Tight Rope Walker

Tight Rope Walker

Thursday, September 15, 2011

And the Outcome

Since Sunday, there has not been 1 word from her.  No call for a ride to the library, or to use our phone, etc.

Am I surprised?  NO

Am I upset?  NO

I am  not even disappointed.  Because for once, I am not letting her get to me.  I have no expectations for her, therefore I can not disappointed.  I am even past being sad for her.

I am headed to see my son early tomorrow, take him to lunch, take him some goodies and spend some quality time hearing all about his new college life!

5 comments:

  1. Wow........I don't know what else to say. I'm so sorry. Safe travels while going to see your son. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you and excited over the goodies you bring him! Sounds like a fun day for you both - ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your lack of feelings completely. I pretty much feel nothing for my daughter.

    She's been clean for about 5 months. But after 17 years of using, all feelings I had have been numbed.

    All my focus is on her three children that my husband and I took from her two years ago and are raising.

    She is couch surfing. She has lost her housing. Absolutely everything we have given her or the childen, she has lost or sold. And it was alot of stuff, we furnished two different apartments for her. Pisses me off to think about it.

    I hate feeling this way sometimes because I know her long term use (heroin) has fried alot of brain cells. But still............

    Gee, all that rambling just to say I know where you're coming from.

    Enjoy your son.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. The way you're handling it is amazing, although I'm sure it doesn't feel amazing. I'm praying for you to have some peace & the hope of your daughters recovery. I get what yaya says too though. Sending you a cyber hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to feel numb. I am working at feeling numb. My feelings are my worst enemy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am trying to learn how to not let HIM be the constant thought running through my mind.

    ReplyDelete