Tight Rope Walker

Tight Rope Walker

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

It's BIGGER than LOVE

L-O-V-E. What a powerful 4 letter word. Everyone strives for it. Everyone says it. Cards are signed with this word. Love thy Mother and Father. Love thy children. Love thy neighbors ( but not too much ). Churches are build on the love of God. Home Sweet Home is created with love. Everything GOOD in life was made with or from Love. Is Hate or Jealousy bigger than Love? No, I don't think so. But addiction is. It's bigger and badder than the all powerful Love. It takes from you.. no more self love.. it robs you of family love.. it turns your friends away. Addiction is bigger than Love.

There's that bond between Mother and Child. A bond that you never think can be severed. You think to yourself.. my love for my daughter is bigger than any addiction. My love will reach her and grab her back. My unconditional love is so big, I will do everything in my power to fight your addiction for you. I will go bankrupt, I will find the best help possible, I will let you live with me again, all because I love you unconditionally.

But, I have learned.. I can not love you death.
Who would have thought I would ever come to a concept like that in my lifetime?

I have a friend. Let's call her Sarah. Sarah is a very loving person, sometimes too much so, as I gently remind her. Sarah has worked her whole life. Sarah is in her later 50's. Sarah's huband is 62. He has a very professional job. Just waiting to travel and spend time with his loving wife. Sarah's daughter is an addict. I don't know if there is a "good" addict.. but Sarah's daughter is not a "good" addict. Sarah just got custody of her grandsons. 12 and 5 year old boys that have never been to school. Sarah and her loving hard working husband will not be travelling too soon. Sarah's love for her daughter is so huge, so grand, so beyond anything I can concieve of that she is willing to let go of her earned lifestyle and raise 2 trama strickened grandboys.

Why she is doing this... because it's the right thing to do and bigger than that.. because she loves her daughter to much... so very much. Her daughter loves drugs.

Love is a big powerful word, but it does not reach addicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment